Without a Wavve Link Premium Subscription, Wavve Link pages use either an auto-generated shortened website link or a customized website link. An auto-generated shortened link might look like http://Wavve.Link/W793jd378DH while a customized Wavve Link page would look like http://Wavve.Link/NameOfPodcast.
A custom domain instead connects a regular website address (EG. www.MyPodcastName.com) to a Wavve link page.
In order to use a custom domain with a Wavve Link page, two things are required:
- A registered domain name from domain registrar (Eg. GoDaddy, Google Domains, Hover, etc…).
- A Wavve Link Premium Subscription
To make a custom domain work, two CNAME records need to be added to the DNS settings for the custom domain. These DNS settings will be updated on the website where the domain, or website address, was purchased. Wavve will provide the CNAME record entries after configuring the custom domain in the Wavve Link settings.
How to Attach a Custom Domain to a Wavve Link Page
1. Subscribe to Wavve Link Premium. A subscription to a Wavve Link premium membership can be purchased at anytime through the Account Page.
2. After subscribing to a Wavve Link Premium subscription, open the Wavve Link settings in the Account page. Once this page is loaded, click on the Links tab in the Wavve Link page settings.
3. On this page, click on the Add Custom Domain Name button. Enter the custom domain here.
4. After this has been completed, a window will appear that will display two CNAME records. Document these records. These are the CNAME records that need to be added to the DNS settings of the domain registrar account.
How to Add a CNAME Record to DNS Settings
Each domain registrar will have different steps to update DNS settings on their website. The easiest way to find specific instructions for a domain registrar is to use Google to search for "DomainRegistrarName Add Cname Record".
The links below also point to instructions for adding a CNAME record from the more popular domain registrars.